SHIELDAFRICA – TWO EVENTS IN ONE
Such as 2017, SHIELDAFRICA 2019 will consist of two events.
- Monday 21st of January: Plenary Conference dedicated to borders.
- From Tuesday 22th (inauguration) to Thursday 24th of January: exhibition organised in the Police Academy facilities, also including exhibitor conferences.
The fifth ShieldAfrica exhibition is managed by a French-Ivorian team. It is sponsored by the Minister of the Interior and Security of the Republic of Côte d’Ivoire.
SHIELDAFRICA 2019 ADDRESSES THE AFRICAN CONTINENT CHALLENGES
- Ensuring Safe cities
- Maximising use of space
- Managing flows and resources
- Fighting against cross-border terrorism
- Securing fast-growing urbanization and economic activities
- Preserving human wealth of the continent
SHIELDAFRICA – 2019 theme: BORDERS PROTECTION AND CONTROL
A strong Africa in a globalized world requires open, secured and controlled border through modern technologies and proven equipment.
Land, sea and air borders are not sealed barriers. They must be dynamic areas of exchange, permitting movement of people and goods. These activities must respect the States’ sovereignty, while implementing controls on goods and people in accordance with applicable laws. Cross-border regulation is a major issue in national and international Security. In Africa, it requires modern, efficient Customs administrations and dynamic regional structures for cooperation between African nations.
ShieldAfrica 2019 theme: “Secured and regulated Land, Sea and Air Borders, conditions for the development of Africa